The school holidays are the perfect chance to spend some quality time with the whole family as well as time for some much-needed relaxation and tranquillity.
Many people presume that booking a family holiday comes with a sacrifice of luxury, however at Brompton Lakes we have 21 luxury self-catering holiday lodges in Richmond, North Yorkshire with top quality interiors as well as five star surroundings and facilities perfect for a memorable break away.
Keeping everybody entertained on a family holiday can be a challenge, however at Brompton Lakes we believe there is something for everyone (kids and adults alike!) and here are our top 5…
1. The Great Outdoors… Brompton Lakes is set around two lakes across 26 acres surrounded by glorious Yorkshire countryside and private woodland, perfect for exploring. The lakes provide a huge variety of wildlife and bird for spotting whilst on your private decking and outside the lodges you can find BBQs and hot tubs which will impress all ages in your group. If you wish to explore further there are many varied walks from your doorstep through some of Britain’s most stunning countryside and we also know how much fun it is to bring your dog along too and have 15 dog friendly holiday lodges, while the others are kept dog free.
2. Location, location, location… Brompton Lakes is situated just two miles from the historic market town of Richmond, in the Yorkshire Dales, one of Britain’s most beautiful market towns, with a medieval castle, historic building, Georgian theatre and cobbled market place with many hidden corners making it a treasure trove for the whole family. You can also find a good selection of pubs and plenty of places to eat, as well as shops to stock up on essentials and gifts.
3. Game on... Nothing beats a bit of family competition and the complimentary tennis courts and racquets at Brompton Lakes are a great way to get the family together keeping active outdoors whilst keeping everyone entertained. Enjoy an early morning knock about or get down to some serious sets, it’s up to you! If tennis isn’t for you, why not try out your
4. Cycle... A bike ride is a great way for everyone to burn off some excess energy and see lots of the gorgeous Yorkshire countryside and we have complimentary bike hire at Brompton Lakes as well as guided routes to some of the finest landscapes in the country. The whole area provides fabulous cycling opportunities for all from gentle routes in the valleys to some challenging climbs over the moorland that separates them. From the wild and remote northern dales to the rolling farmland in the east, the cycling is always memorable for the fantastic scenery and beautiful villages along the way.
5. Stay connected... All of the 21 lodges at Brompton Lakes have complimentary Wi-Fi so that the teens can get their fill of Facebook, You Tube videos and Netflix before bed (while mum and dad enjoy a well deserved glass of wine)
Book a luxury break to Brompton Lakes online today:
Photo Credits: @clairecollinson